Why Renting a Forklift Is the Best Financial Decision You Can Make
There are a number of key advantages to owning equipment if you have a business such as a factory, yard, or warehouse. However, there are some important advantages to leasing or renting as well. If you have a need for a forklift, it is important that you look into the advantages of forklift leasing so that you can make the right decision.
The Benefits of Leasing a Forklift
- It is highly cost-effective. A forklift is an expensive piece of machinery and if you lease it, you don’t suddenly have to come up with thousands of dollars every time you have a new order or a seasonal increase in your work. In fact, this is one of the key reasons why many businesses choose to lease this equipment. Furthermore, there are cost savings as well, as you don’t have to pay for service, insurance, maintenance, or any other associated costs.
- It gives you a great short-term solution. If, for instance, your existing forklift breaks down, or you have a sudden unexpected order, there is no need for you to buy a forklift. By leasing one instead, you can maintain your income and your excellent reputation by still completing orders on time, instead of having to hamper productivity.
- You keep a lot of financial flexibility. When you purchase equipment, you tie down your available capital and I will take you a long time to earn that back. When you lease, however, you have financial flexibility because you can spend your available capital how you see fit. Should, for instance, the economy make a downturn, you won’t suddenly find yourself incapable of staying afloat.
- You will always have the latest makes and models. Most good forklift leasing companies will never lease out a forklift that is more than two years old. Hence, your staff will always be able to use the most up to date, modern pieces of equipment. This also gives them a sense of professional pride, as they can see that they have worked with the newest models. Plus, should you eventually decide to purchase one, you will know your staff is already trained up.
Important Tips on Leasing a Forklift Truck
A couple of things to remember so that you get the best deal:
- Make sure you know how long you intend to lease the forklift for, as this can help you negotiate a better rate. The longer you lease the equipment, the less it will cost you.
- Speak to a dealer so that you know you get the forklift that is right for your needs. Not all forklifts are created equally, and a Komatsu, for instance, is very different from an Anhui, so you need to make sure that you get what you actually need.
- Do not sign any paperwork until you have inspected the condition of the forklift. Make sure that you make a note of any scratches, damages, or other features so that, when you return the forklift, you will be able to prove which changes or damages were caused by your operations, and which were already there.